So You Have a Toothache....well the first thing that you should do is to call Dentistry For You to Schedule an appointment. Contact Our Office Today. But if you can't get in at that time, maybe its a Sunday or maybe its 11pm at night what else can you do
1) Again Call Our Office to Schedule An Appointment
2) Clean Your Mouth
- Have the person rinse mouth with warm water.
- The person should gently floss teeth to remove food particles from area.
3) Control Swelling And Pain
- Apply a warm, moist compress to outside of mouth or cheek.
- Give Tylenol and ibuprofen for pain. Do not give asprin to anyone under age 18. Often alternating tylenol and ibuprofen every three hours works best
- Do not put aspirin against gums near aching tooth. It can burn gum tissue
4) What Will The Dentist Do?
- If there are signs of infection, the dentist may prescribe an antibiotic.
- To fix the issue, the dentist may do a filling, crown, root canal or even an extraction.
Contact our office today to make an appointment.
< Back to Blog